Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Bridges of Mountain View County



I had been crossing back and forth over Dogpound creek and the Little Red as I made my way towards the hamlet of Water Valley where I planned on having lunch. This last bridge on the Little Red caught my eye as I drove down a steep grade into this small valley. I parked my truck and walked back on to the bridge to check out this view downstream. The house on the hillside has a terrific view of the river and surrounding area. I always find bridges very interesting and make a effort to stop and check them out. For some reason I was reminded of Clint Eastwoods movie " The Bridges of Madison County." Maybe it was the friendly wave from the woman passing slowly by on the bridge as I shot photos. Next stop Water Valley.

No comments yet