Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Golden Eagles


The fall harvest is in full swing in Southern Aberta and fields such as this one are around every corner. On monday I made my way north and west of Calgary, staying on secondary farm-roads. I was sort of lost most of the time and it was fun. Of course I knew by going east I would hit the QE2 or west would take me to highway 22. This top photo I shot near the hamlet of Madden. I made my way further north to the hamlet of Dogpound ,where I thought I might wet A flyline in Dogpound creek. Everywhere I went the bird migration is underway and this photo of the crows perching on this fence were a few of a hundred or more in this field. That reminds me I may find my way over to Mount Lorrete in K Country to check out the Golden Eagle migration as they make there way south for the winter. So much to see, so little time.

No comments yet