Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Crash Landing


I seem to have this fixation with ducks, in this case Mallard Ducks. I came upon this mountain bog close to the Sheep River, as I made my way along a faint game trail that I hoped would take me to a shelf jutting out over the Sheep River Canyon. The afternoon had turned very pleasant at this point so I sat down for a break. While sitting there, these two female Mallards came in and crash landed on the ice and slid into the opposing bank. Needless to say it was hilarious. The ice had thawed somewhat and the two ducks went for a brief dip, before becoming annoyed by my shooting photos. I had my electronic flash with extender on my camera and captured this photo as they exploded out of this tiny opening in the ice and into the air, clawing for altitude.




No comments yet