Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Husky Tower


I ran across the photos of the Calgary Tower (both dated) while looking through my archives. The way Calgary's skyline keeps on rising upward, the Calgary Tower which at one time was Calgary's highest landmark, has not held that distinction for quite some time. When the tower first was built it was called the Husky Tower, due to the fact Husky Oil was the original owner. The Husky Tower was a continual pour of concrete taking twenty-four days from start to finish. The photo of the Saddledome was shot in the early spring, and of course shows the tower and a very different skyline than today's skyline. I was going to upload a photo that I shot this week, however due to issues I was having fitting it in with this post, I will do it later.

No comments yet