Sunday, January 21, 2007

Just Up The Road








Rolly and I made our way up to Red Deer yesterday, to attend a function that was being held at the Red Deer Lodge. The lower photo I shot just in front of our room overlooking the courtyard. It was a good time for all in attendance. Being that it is a rare day that I find myself in Red Deer, I was up and out the door by 7am while Rolly got her beauty sleep. I found a Tim Horton's for coffee and did some exploring around the city. As you can see in the first capture, winter is present big time. The snow had been falling as we pulled in last night and this morning Red Deer was pretty as a picture. The second and third capture, I shot at the Sunnybrook Farm Museum that I discovered while out and about. Of course it was closed as the sun broke over the horizon performing magic on this neat find in the middle of Red Deer. The farm was originally settled in 1899 by James Bower and family from Ontario. The farm was donated to the Red Deer and District Museum Society in 1987. I will have to go back and check it out sometime and do somemore exploring in and about this interesting city in central Alberta. Oh-I almost forgot it was a balmy -20C outside as I captured these photos.



No comments yet