Thursday, January 03, 2008

Potpourri


Canon EOS with 10mm - f22 - 1/3 sec @ ISO 100







Potpourri comes from the french word "pot-pourri," which was the french name for a Spanish stew with a wide variety of ingredients called ola podrida. In English "potpourri" is often used to refer to any collection of miscellaneous or diverse items. This potpourri of photos I pulled from my hard-drives as you see them in no particular order. I wander about the countryside shooting photos and only ever show you a minuscule amount of what I shoot.









I am like every other photographer out there I am sure, in the sense that I do not leave the house without a camera. Therefore I shoot a lot of photos and most sit on my hard-drives, never to see the light of day. For a screen-saver on my desktop, I use the photos residing on one of my hard-drives. I find it entertaining when I'm bored to sit there and watch the images scroll by and ask myself the question- Where did I shoot that?





I can remember a time when I would actually print photos from some of the transparencies that I shot and then would place them in albums. I still have these albums and from time to time will look through them. However we have moved forward and today its rare for the images that reside in digital cameras to be printed. I have come to embrace everything digital and love a good flat-screen monitor such as the 22 inch monitor on my desktop that has become my photo album of choice with the thousands of photos that reside on my hard-drives.







Of course I also consider my blog-site to be another of my photo-albums through which I enjoy sharing some of the photos that I am lucky enough to capture as I ramble about, camera in hand looking for my next capture. I enjoy this immensely, never knowing what I will find to shoot around the next corner. Believe it or not I rarely plan for any of my photos that I shoot but let it fall as it may. I also like to think that I have a eye for what makes a good photo and find myself seeing the world as through a camera lens, not unlike a pair of rose-colored glasses.





So to have gotten to this point and basically have told you nothing, these photos are a sampling of what I don't show you, not for any particular reason. Does that make sense? I thought so.


Remember - all the photos expand







Canon EOS with 300mm - f16 - 1/125 @ ISO 100






No comments yet