Friday, December 07, 2012

I Dreamed The Dream


 


After the last week of suffering through a cold the likes of ones that I cannot remember any longer, as I cannot recall the last cold that I ever had, it was a relief to wake up this morning feeling better than I have in the past week. Not only did I feel much improved, but by the end of the day, I would feel like the weight of the world had been lifted from my congested head, and that I had won the blue ribbon award for best photo.

In this case, it was not about winning, but about coming in from the cold, as I was able to resume my friendship with a true friend, who had been missing for a time, but now is once more available to share in the things that are important to us.
 I recently wrote some words presented here that have come to be more meanigful to me in the past months, than I could have imagined when I wrote them.

Lately I have been reminded as how important friends are, especially a close friend, and when they are not available to share your joys and sorrows, you come to realize just how important your close friend is to you in your life. I believe that we need someone whom we can trust, or someone who believes in us, as it is not just sharing joy and sorrow and helping each other, but its very important to know that person, and understand his or her feelings, and moreover, to trust them and believe in them as they do you.
You do not become friends with a person in a month, but it may take many months, and even years to know that person and come to trust them completely.




 
 
 
 
I now realize some months later since writing those words, the true meaning of the words, and I find that I have a deeper understanding of what a real friend is, now more than at any other time in my life.
So my one true friend, welcome back from the the cold.
 
 
 


Rainbows.......Body and Soul
 
Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
 
Somewhere over the rainbow the skies are blue
 
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

No comments yet