Sunday, June 09, 2013

Kindred Spirits


Lately I seem to be dodging rain clouds when I leave the house, and that makes it somewhat difficult to shoot the type of photos that I look for in the hour leading up to sunrise, and the hour following sunrise.
Earlier in the past week....I believe it was Tuesday, I went to bed with the sound of rain drops on the roof, but with the forecast for clearing skies over night, I decided that I would get out of the house a bit earlier than my usual time of 6:30am to leave for work.
I woke up at 4;30am, and when I looked out my bedroom window, I could see hints of dawn breaking on the eastern horizon, and clearing skies. I had a quick shower, and was out of the house by 5:00am, and headed east. I figured that I could plan it so that I made a looping drive through the countryside east of Calgary, before making my way in to work for my normal time of arrival.


I don't know about you, but I find it hard to break my habits, as I lead a very structured life as to how I plan my days and weeks.  It may have started all those years ago when I was a young guy, and I worked in the seismic industry over a period of five or six years.
In the winter we would go to the bush, and while there, we would live in a catered camp for 3 months. We got used to having the same menu each day. What I'm saying, is the menu was set from week to week, and we would automatically know what was for supper when we returned to camp, after spending the day out on the line doing very repetitive but enjoyable work.


Some years back, I met someone who also plans her days in a similar fashion, and it pleases me that I am not the only one who does this. In fact I came to realize that we have so many similarities,  that there is no doubt in my mind that we are kindred spirits.

It was as though I knew her from another plane of existence, before we were born into human forms.  It seems as though our unconscious was programmed to meet at a certain point in our lives.
When you are in tune with yourself and the path you are on, it is easy to acknowledge the people who show up in our lives, that are here to present us with some type of lesson or challenge to make us grow.
This person may not seem like a kindred spirit at the time, but in hindsight, we find that this someone has helped you enormously in how you move forward with your life.
I’m sure if as we move forward, and look back over our lives, we will always remember the day we met, and it was as though it happened to teach us certain life lessons.


You must realize that having a special bond with someone does not always mean they are “the one” that we are meant to spend the rest of our lives with, but still...they can be your kindred spirit, as you possibly share a passion about something, or it could be an overall connection that you feel to this special someone that makes you feel balanced, strong, safe, and positive.
If you feel that you have a natural fit and things seem to flow when you are together, and find joy in assisting each other to grow and encourage each other’s interests, that indicates a kindred spirit.
If this someone brings out the best in you, and makes you want to be a better person, and you relish being in this person’s energy as it lifts your spirits, then you like myself, have found your kindred spirit.
As I looked through the lens of my camera, making eye contact with this beautiful elk, I felt a shiver course through my spine.

I wonder if.....nah...can't be.


                             Remember, expand the photos for a closer look.

No comments yet